“I'll think about you every day. Part of me is scared that there will come a time when you don't feel the same way,that you'll somehow forget what we shared, so this is what I want to do. Wherever you are and no matter what's going on in your life, when it's the first night of the full moon-like it was the first time we met-I want you to find it in the nighttime sky. I want you to think about me and the week we shared, because wherever I am and no matter what's going on in my life, that's exactly what I'll be doing. If we can't be together, at least we can share that, and maybe between the two of us, we can make it last forever.”
How is it that so many people can be afraid of three simple words: “I” “LOVE” and “YOU”? The answer is rather obvious – saying “I love you” to a person is saying that not only do you care about this person immensely, but you also would do just about anything to keep that person as a part of your life. Saying “I love you” to someone is telling that person you need him or her, that you depend on him or her in some way or another. We’re so reluctant to say we love someone because it’s basically telling that person that we are submitting a part of ourselves to him or her. We are entrusting a piece of ourselves to someone other than ourselves. This scares us. And rightly so. As human beings, we rely on other people our entire lives. We rely on our parents for food, shelter and safety until we are able to fend for ourselves. Nowadays, this often means relying on them well into our 30's. We rely on people our entire lives because it’s the only way for us not only to survive, but t...
Comments
Post a Comment